Have you ever wondered how much Spirulina you could be producing every day if you were to grow your own spirulina at home, or upscale your operation?
Use our free Spirulina Harvesting Calculator to find out!
With the same amount of space you use for growing flowers or herbs in your garden or windowsill, you could be producing the most nutritious food on earth, providing you and your family with a complete daily intake of protein, vitamins, minerals and amino acids!
With the right conditions (ph 10.5, temp 32 Cel, 70% light, with a proper nutrient balance), spirulina can multiply by 25% every day. It shouldn’t take long before your pool is ready for harvesting, but how much spirulina can you actually harvest?
Simply insert the dimensions of your pool into our harvesting calculator to find out how much wet biomass of spirulina or dry spirulina powder you can produce on a daily basis!
Want to learn more about growing spirulina? Get our ebook!
How Can I Grow Spirulina At Home?
- Growing Spirulina at home is easy and only requires very basic materials. You can learn more from reviewing our calculators’ section where you’ll find precise recipes for preparing the culturing medium.
- If you have a project or are considering investing in equipment, a consulting session with one of our advisors may help understand the technical needs as well as the business aspects.
- If you’re building raceway ponds and you’re looking for online support from someone who’s done it hundreds of times, be sure to check out Avel Jay’s exclusive consulting offer.
- If you have any questions or you found a mistake in the calculator – please let us know in the comments below.
- Want more? Checkout our selection of popular spirulina cultivation formula calculators, that will allow you to calculate exact nutrient proportions right on your smartphone, tablet or desktop.
Do you have any data on the difference in yield if one inject CO2 gas into the growth medium?
Compared to the normal yield.
I read somewhere that it takes 1.33% Co2 to make 1 unit of Spirulina. Is that true?
Hi Nayan that’s good piece of information. How to check the quality of our produce in wet and dry conditions. Any lab test you would suggest. Is there any benchmark upto which your product will last?
I am interested in starting this project. I would like to start small until I have the knowledge needed to grow more. For a starter setup, how many gallon tank would be required to produce sufficient Spirulina for 2 people per day?
How necessary is RODI water for use with the Zarouk’s medium?
Can I use tap water without RODI?
Our water here is hard water. Does that make a difference?
what is standard Water quality required to grow spirulina…. whtether it can Grow using Salt water or Sea water