The Algae Bloom guidebook will show you how to build and operate spirulina raceway pond that can be scaled to any size to build your own spirulina microfarm.
In “Algae Bloom”, Ditsa Keren and Pranay Kumar Pelapolu outline all the stages of building and operating spirulina raceway pond that can be scaled to any size. With an initial investment as little as $600, you can build a micro farm that produces Spirulina for your community and local markets.
What you will find in this guidebook
- How to build a raceway pond for spirulina production
- List of equipment and materials you’ll need
- Guidelines for testing the water quality
- List of culture medium ingredients + precise recipe
- List of common parasites
- Best practices and techniques for growing, harvesting and drying fresh spirulina
- Estimated initial and ongoing costs in India and the US
- Product applications and market predictions